The Office of Business Services is pleased to announce that beginning Friday, April 22, 2022, Florida State University will transition from UPS to partner with FedEx for departmental outbound shipping services, available through the State of Florida contract.
What has changed?
Recent changes in fuel surcharges, shipping fees, and increased delivery costs have created a need to change the University’s carrier to provide the best available pricing for the campus community. This initiative will serve all University locations within Florida and departments will have access to a full range of cost-competitive, value-driven shipping solutions. This service offers the same benefits as the iShip program such as:
- Outbound package pickup as part of your normal mail pickup; bulk pickup options available;
- Centralized invoicing and billing under your annual Postal Services PO;
- Customer support for FedEx shipping issues.
If you have any specific questions, feel free to contact Postal Services at email@example.com.
Set Up a FedEx Ship Manager Account
If you are an existing iShip user, please check your email for a FedEx account invitation.
If you receive an Account Already Exists message, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Login to FedEx Ship Manager (https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/ship-manager.html).
- Choose FedEx Ship Manager (not Lite).
- Verify From info.
- Enter To info and Package & Shipment Details.
- Enter PO (Purchase Order Guide) and DeptIDFund in Billing Details.
- To see shipping times and cost estimates/pricing, click Edit in the Rates & Transit Times block, then click Calculate.
- Additional Shipping Help (https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/how-to-ship.html#stepguide)
- To see what supplies are available, visit fedex.com/en-us/shipping/packing.html.
- To order supplies, visit fedex.com/ordersupplies/wols.do?method=initOrderSupplies&locale=en_US and login with your FedEx Ship Manager account.
Other Important Information:
- The ability to ship through UPS iShip will be disabled the same day as the FedEx Ship Manager launch. However, departments may still track current shipments.
- Request UPS iShip reports from email@example.com (up to the last three months).
- Know your Purchase Order (Purchase Order Guide) - it starts with three zeros, and you can find in the pop-up list or type it in manually.
- Departments that do not utilize the FedEx Ship Manager will incur additional service fees (including shipping directly from The UPS Store on campus).
- The FedEx Ship Manager provides an estimate based on the information (i.e. shipping location, package size, etc.) submitted by the department. Shipping costs will be finalized once the weight and size of the package are verified by FedEx.
- Packages shipped to FSU from outside Florida may not receive the same discount as packages that originate from FSU locations within Florida.
- FedEx will only deliver shipments to a valid street address - PO boxes are not accepted.
- Have more questions? Check our FAQs.
- FSU FedEx User Guide